AddToAny

giovedì 29 dicembre 2016

Serial child rapist abused more than 100 kids over decades


Convicted pedophile Louis VanWie, who told police he molested more than 100 children, will not get out of prison Thursday after the state rejected his plans to move in with a relative in the city
VanWie had a tentative release date of Dec. 29 after serving two-thirds of his prison sentence. In 1997, then-Rensselaer County Court Judge Patrick McGrath sentenced VanWie to 11 years to 30 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to first-degree sodomy and first-degree sexual abuse.
As long as the 74-year-old VanWie cannot find suitable housing, he will remain incarcerated for the foreseeable future, according to the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision. VanWie is being held in the Gowanda State Correctional Facility.
"As part of the discharge planning process, all inmates convicted of sex offenses must have approved housing prior to being released to Community Supervision," Thomas Mailey, a DOCCS spokesman, said Wednesday in a statement. "Inmate VanWie has yet to identify a residence that is acceptable and therefore will remain in DOCCS custody until such time that appropriate housing is located and approved."
DOCCS considers many factors such as risk levels, vulnerable populations and the law before housing is approved for sex offenders to be released into their home community.
VanWie's guilty plea and admissions city to police in 1997 about sexual contact with more than 100 youths over a 40-year period is an unfading memory in Troy.
"We hope he continues to remain incarcerated and serves the rest of his sentence," said Troy police spokesman Capt. Daniel DeWolf.
VanWie had been rejected for parole five times. He was slated for the conditional discharge before his housing arrangements were found to be unsatisfactory.
Three groupsFighting for Children PAC, Stop Abuse Campaign and Brooklyn Bridge Walk — and Kayla Wittman, the victim in the case that led to VanWie's incarceration have been lobbying for the state to keep VanWie off the street.
"Louis VanWie is a serial child rapist who must never be allowed back into any community, anywhere," said Gary Greenberg, founder of Fighting for Children PAC, who at VanWie's sentencing said he was sexually abused by him at Cohoes Hospital.
"If given the opportunity VanWie will rape and abuse children," Greenberg said. "New York state and Gov. Andrew Cuomo must confine this living monster until he is dead and no longer a threat to our children."
VanWie's next parole hearing is scheduled for August 2017, according to DOCCS online inmate records. VanWie's will have served his entire 30-year prison sentence by Dec. 29, 2026.

State: Troy pedophile can't be released yet   December 28, 2016

ALBANY - An upstate man who confessed to sexually abusing more than 100 kids over decades is set to be released from prison, angering some of his victims who have been pushing for a law making it easier for child sex abuse survivors to bring cases.
At least one victim received a letter from the state saying that Louis VanWie, now 74, will be released as soon as Dec. 29 after serving 20 years of a maximum 30-year sentence.
He pleaded guilty in 1997 of sexually abusing two young girls, but had told cops at the time of his arrest he was relieved to be caught because he had attacked hundreds of other kids dating back four decades.
Police in Troy said they’d recieved over 100 calls after his arrest, but the other victims couldn’t bring cases because the legal timeframe had expired.
One such man is Gary Greenberg, an upstate investor who said he was viciously sexually assaulted as a young boy by VanWie in 1966 while visiting his father in the hospital in Cohoes.
Greenberg this year created a political action committee to support state legislative candidates who would push for changes in the law making it easier for child sex abuse victims to bring civil and criminal cases.
"Only three of his victims disclosed (what had happened) before the statute of limitations barred them from court. Now this monster is slated for release after serving 20 years. All his victims are serving life sentences," Greenberg said.
One of the young girls VanWie admitted in court to abusing was Kayla Wittman, who said she is terrified her attacker is being released back into the community.
"Louis VanWie damaged me, he destroyed my childhood, and I have suffered the consequences my entire life," Wittman said. "Now he gets to leave prison while I will still suffer the consequences of his crime."
Several years before his guilty plea, VanWie was convicted on a misdemeanor charge of sexually abusing a 4-year-old girl.
Greenberg and Wittman called on Gov. Cuomo to take action to stop VanWie from being released.
A Cuomo spokesman had no immediate comment.
VanWie has been written up for one relatively minor infraction during his time behind bars and that was in 2000.
Greenberg said his pending release is further proof that Cuomo and the state Legislature needs to enact the Child Victims Act early in 2017.
Different versions of the Child Victims Act would either extend or eliminate the time limit that a child abuse victim can bring a case against his or her attacker. Under current law, a person has until their 23rd birthday.
Efforts to change the law, led by the Daily News, would also provide a one-year window to revive old cases, and treat public and private institutions the same. Currently, someone abused at a school or other public institution must file a notice of intent to sue within 90 days of the incident.
Senate Republicans and some legislative Democrats have opposed the idea of a one-year window to revive old cases. Instead, they support a different bill that would extend the current statute of limitation on child sex abuse cases by five years. It would also treat public and private institutions the same.
“If Van Wie’s early victims had been able to press charges he would have been apprehended earlier, and his long list of victims would be shorter,” Greenberg said. “Sex offenders don’t simply become safe after a certain age, our children deserve to be protected.”
EXCLUSIVE: N.Y. man who confessed to sexually abusing more than 100 kids set to be released from prison KENNETH LOVETT NEW YORK DAILY NEWS November 29, 2016


Child Porn Addiction 29 dicembre 2016


CHILD RAPISTS 31 27 dicembre 2016

SERIAL RAPISTS 5 27 dicembre 2016

Sex abuse at deaf school, what Vatican knew 23 DICEMBRE 2016

Rapists Policemen 7 DICEMBRE 2016


Somalian asylum seeker put in coma after raping women in Austria 27 dicembre 2016

Stuprata la notte di Natale a Milano 27 dicembre 2016

Venticinquenne stuprata e contagiata a La Spezia 27 dicembre 2016

Abusi sulla figlia di sette anni: arrestato 44enne a Varese 27 dicembre 2016

Minor girl abducted by 8 persons, raped 27 dicembre 2016

22-year-old gang-rape victim committed suicide 27 dicembre 2016

Doctor drugged, raped two women over a 20 year period 27 dicembre 2016

Journalist raped women in porn audition scam 27 dicembre 2016

3 held for rape, murder of 5-year-old girl 26 dicembre 2016

India's rape epidemic 26 dicembre 2016


SOLD Power elite and human trafficking 21 DICEMBRE 2016


Storia di Maria, la volontaria stuprata e uccisa da un rifugiato afgano Lorenza Formicola 27 Dicembre 2016

Afghan migrant raped, murdered EU official's daughter in Germany 21 dicembre 2016

Anti-Rape Alarm 21 dicembre 2016


Two women raped within two miles in New Orleans 26 dicembre 2016 

Malaysian teens gang-raped by 38 men What happened to them? 26 dicembre 2016

80-year-old woman raped by 25-year-old 15 dicembre 2016



Le orge del Prete: porno e sesso estremo 23 dicembre 2016

Taxi driver serial rapist arrested 22 dicembre 2016

Southafrican serial rapist sentenced to 4 life terms imprisonment 22 dicembre 2016

Indonesian woman raped by 2 fake cops 22 dicembre 2016

11-year.old boy raped 6-year-old brother 22 dicembre 2016

13-year-old girl gang-raped by 5 teens 22 dicembre 2016

Stupri di Gruppo: arrestati 7 nomadi e 4 nigeriani 20 dicembre 2016

South Africa The rape Capital of the World 18 DICEMBRE 2016


Evil pensioner 'raped at least 108' including 9-year-old girl 18 DICEMBRE 2016

Teen brutally raped, murdered 66-year-old mother 18 DICEMBRE 2016

Mother guilty of plot to let man rape her 7-year-old daughter 22 DICEMBRE 2016

6-year-old disabled boy raped by father 22 DICEMBRE 2016

21-year-old man killed a mother of four then had sex with her body 21 DICEMBRE 2016


Ti piace?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...